Electronic Filing Options
Official electronic filing via an attorney File & Serve Xpress account is scheduled for Teton County District Court in March 2023.
Electronic filing will be available initially only to attorney members of the Wyoming State Bar through File & Serve Xpress.
Additional details on electronic filing in Wyoming District Courts are available at https://fileandservexpress.com/wyoming/.
In the meantime, you may file by mail, by in person delivery or by fax or email in Teton County District Court.
To file by email, you must comply with the Wyoming Supreme Court rules for email filing. Links to recent amendments:
- Order Amending Rule 4 of the Rules for Fees and Costs for District Court
- Order Amending Rule 4, 5, and 39 of the Wyoming Rules of Civil Procedure
Per court rules, the clerk may reject emailed pleadings that are not compliant with email filing rules.
Important Email Filing Reminders & Requirements:
For email filings to be accepted by the Clerk’s office, they must comply with the email filing rules. For example:
- Email pleadings to the DESIGNATED FILING ADDRESS ONLY
- Teton County District Court’s email filing address: email@example.com
- See Wyoming Rules of Civil Procedure for caption, signature and service requirements for court filings.
- Only include filings for ONE CASE NUMBER per email.
- Write the CASE NUMBER in the email subject line.
- Submit SEPARATE PDFS for each pleading.
- A $1/page EMAIL FILING FEE applies (per Rule 4 of Rules for Fees and Costs for District Court)
- Proposed orders should also be submitted as a separate PDF.
- Cover letters should also be submitted as a separate PDF.
- If your pleading is applicable to a court hearing scheduled the same day or the next business day, please add “FOR COURT HEARING (DATE)” to the SUBJECT LINE to help alert our office.
- Original complaints (this is includes re-opening documents such as Petitions or Motions to Modify) and requests for writs cannot be filed by email and must be filed as an original hard copy.
- The Clerk no longer requires a phone call alert to our office to email or fax file as of 11/8/2021.