Wildlife Feeding Violations

The unintentional attraction and feeding of wildlife (by allowing access to attractants on their property, including pet food, garbage, seed or birdseed, or other attractant made available to wildlife) is not allowed.

Ornamental (non-harvested for food), non-native fruit bearing trees (including crabapples and cherries) shall not be planted.

Only bird feeders that are inaccessible to all wildlife, other than birds, are allowed.

For more information, see the Wildlife Animal Feeding Standards (PDF) in the Land Development Regulations (LDRs).

Regulation on bear resistant trash containers has been moved to a separate section of the LDRs.

A bear on a truck bed with a bumper sticker that reads a fed bear is a dead bear

Contact Information

For more information on any code topics or other zoning issues, please stop by our offices at 200 South Willow Street in Jackson or call 307-733-3959. To report a violation, please go to this link.