Winter is still in full force, but the Teton County/Jackson Parks and Recreation Department is starting to think about spring and summer activities. Please see the winter service level updates and other important event information.
- Grooming: Staff will continue through March based on the current snowpack and forecast. Staff will evaluate conditions during the week of April 3 to determine if grooming can continue past that date.
- Ice rinks: Owen Bircher ice rink will be maintained at least through March 18 and staff will evaluate weather conditions to determine if maintenance can continue beyond that date. The Fairgrounds ice rink will be closed on Monday, March 13 to accommodate activities related to the the Annual World Championship Snowmobile Hill Climb. Powderhorn ice rink will stay open as long as weather allows; however, daily maintenance will cease on Monday, March 13. Alta ice rink will be evaluated weekly and will remain open through March 18.
- Boat Ramps: Wilson Boat Ramp has winter seasonal access closures through March 15. Based on the amount of snow and forecast, staff anticipate having those facilities fully open by April 15. The approved upland development and ramp improvements construction will begin this spring; however, exact dates are not available at this time. South Park Boat Ramp will open on April 15 in coordination with the Bridger-Teton National Forest (BTNF) to ensure that access aligns with downriver boat ramps managed by the BTNF.
- Seasonal Restrooms: Town and County parks will open May 1.
- March Special Events: The Snow King Mountain Big Air event followed by fireworks will take place on March 11. Wyoming Special Olympics will occur March 14-16 at the Teton County School District Complex. The World Championship Snowmobile Hill Climb at Snow King Mountain will take place March 23-26, which includes the Octane Addictions Freestyle event at the Teton County Fairgrounds on March 25.
- Parks and Recreation Public Open House: Join Teton County/Jackson Parks and Recreation at the Teton County Library Ordway Auditorium on Thursday March 9 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday, March 10 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. to learn about and provide feedback on Winter Service Levels, Karns Meadow Zoning and Planning, and Melody Ranch Trailhead Bicycle Pump Track. Information on this event can be found by visiting: https://engagetetoncountywy.com/tetonopenhouse
Please continue to check the Parks and Recreation website for information, including grooming and ice rink status: http://www.tetonparksandrec.org/1338/Parks-Pathways