To take the Homebuyer Education Course, click here.
Households planning to participate in the Weighted Drawing for an Ownership unit are required to complete the Homebuyer Education Course before entering. At least one person in the household must obtain a Certificate of Completion for the course. Once it is obtained it will never expire.
Only "Step 1: Homebuyer Education Course" is required to participate in our Ownership program. Steps 2 and 3 ("One-On-One Form" and "Make an Appointment") are both optional.
Features of the Homebuyer Education Course:
- Designed to be taken online for your convenience
- Takes approximately 3-6 hours
- Can be completed at your own pace
- The course fee is $75
- Printable Certificate of Completion at end of course
- The course is available for Spanish speakers (under the yellow box that says "Register Now" there is a link that says "Regístrate ahora"
Knowledge You Need to Own a Home
The Homebuyer Education Course provides valuable information about buying a home. The course ensures that individuals who want to purchase a home have a clear understanding of the process prior to making this life changing purchase.
You Will Learn
- How much you can really afford for a home.
- Mortgage terminology information.
- How much of a down payment you will need.
- Credit issues and how to clean them up.
- The best mortgage loan to fit your needs.
- Why you need title insurance, mortgage insurance, hazard insurance.
- Making sure that you are buying a home that is safe and sound.
- The responsibilities that come with home ownership.
- What it takes to properly maintain a home.
The class is conducted by Wyoming Partners in Homebuyer Education, Inc. in association with Jackson Teton County Affordable Housing.